Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Connecting School with Life
     I think that I have been connecting what I learn in each module to my service learning. I think it is easier to understand the course topics, when I can see them in action and they are no longer just a theory. I completed my Service Learning at the beginning of the semester before I moved. So, I have done some of the modules after I completed my hours. However, it helped me connect and remember my service learning experience a lot better when I completed the assignments in this course.
     I think that blogging has help me become aware of many things in my Service Learning Placement, and a lot of these things I would not have noticed unless I had to blog about them. For example, I don't think I was super aware of diversity in the classroom until I had to come up with examples for my blog post and then I realized there was a lot more diversity than I first noticed. I think that when I first started the blog I was kind of doing it grudgingly, like it was just another assignment for a grade, but I have come to actually kind of enjoy it. I like the fact that it helps me think and helps me see things that I would have normally missed.

Connecting Learning with Life is a big step in the right direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment